· Recommend Us
· Search
· Stories Archive
· Submit News
· Surveys
· Web Links
· Your Account
Who's Online
There are currently, 41 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
thedarkisles.com :: View topic - A Change in Leadership.
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in

A Change in Leadership. View next topic
View previous topic
Fire_Sprite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Harad knew the sound of her bow singing almost as well as he knew the clang of his blade against an enemy's armor. It was a whisper of sound, only just perceptible to his ears as he could more readily hear the arrows sinking into the target in a rapid-fire succession. That Elisha had returned to her archery was both reassuring and disconcerting. She was a deadly marksman, and her aim was ranked among the best of the Elves second to very few only in that she refused to train past her current level.

Harad wondered if that would change the way she was skillfully making an elegant pincushion out of the target, systematically moving her aim from the second-most circle to the very center of the target. By the way the arrows sank, he could deem easily that she was doing so deliberately, confirming it with a look at her fair elegant face and the way her eyes stormed a deep blue rather than the summer-sky hue that was her more familiar color.

"Enough, my D'Anthe." He said catching her hand smoothly interrupting her movements only when her arrows were beginning to slice the one before it into four equal and deadly quarters. Harad didn't waver under the liquid fury of her expression the way a lesser man would have; Harad of all people knew better than that.

Pulling her hand free, Elisha managed a smile for him and went to retrieve her arrows, dropping the useable ones into the quiver and setting aside those she could repair for just that purpose before discarding the ones that were quartered. "I'm sorry." She said quietly looking at Harad whose calm nature was her opposite, if controlled personality.

"Come with me, we can get a drink and you can tell me what has you so angry that you ruin half a quiver of arrows." Harad said, taking the bag of used arrows that needed repairs from her as they walked to their home. Once inside, Harad pulled the faded old leather cloak from her shoulders, marveling at the fact that despite its age it was still in fair condition. It was his wife's prized possession, seconded only by the bow that was her chosen weapon. "Now what is it that has you so angry?" Harad pressed her gently, knowing that Elisha for all her mild manners and training both in mind and body but in upbringings to be ladylike, was in possession of a rather vehement temper that matched the fiery hue of her hair.

"The lack of accountability of the other members particularly those holding themselves to be leaders of the elven lands is both abhorrent and utterly unacceptable. I am used to Rill'annia having the attention span of a bird, and the sense of the same, but I am utterly disgusted by the behavior and blatant ineffectiveness of the Rangers to follow orders." She sighed, "I requested a meeting before the matter of the viper could grow to the horrific proportion so much so that what should have been private matters became exceptionally public. That is unacceptable, and should not ever have been allowed."

Placing his finger over her lips to slow the spew of words Harad smiled down at her, "It seems to me my lovely elf-princess that the nobility in your blood is beginning to show after all this long time."
Elisha sucked in a deep breath, "Oh its become very clear that the leadership that has governed these lands is very wrapped up in their own lives now. And, I truly do understand that need more than anyone to have one's hearth stable and comfortable. However, duty calls adn none but me answered until it was far too late to handle properly the matters."

"And what, my D'Anthe are you going to be doing about it?" Harad ventured cautiously, knowing that Elisha's mind was made up.
"I fear that my avoidance all those years ago, because I could not forsake my own heart's desires and needs has been the root cause of this fracture in the Council in a manner of speaking. The Sylvan hide themselves, the nymphs do as they have always done and the Rangers are haphazard and in dire need of a stronger leadership. Which means, even though I hate it, it appears that I am going to have to do what my mother told me long ago I was going to have to do." Elisha's eyes met Harad's very blue ones and he recognized the hurt that was rooted under the anger. "I'm going to take the reins and prevent another such embarrassing debacle from ever becoming possibly public as the last one under the previous guidance." She considered it, "I'm quite sure that the others are going to be displeased at my decision, however I really do not care after the major headache they forced me to deal with primarily on my own."

"Very well, my dear what do you need from me." Harad asked resignedly, certain that changing his wife's mind was at best improbable if not downright impossible.

"Your support, same as I have always needed." Elisha replied heading to her writing desk to prepare the notices to be handed out via messengers and passed to the appropriate individuals of the other cities:

The Message Reads:
"Effective immediately, those who have information or concerns which directly concerns the Rangers of Green Edge, the inhabitants of Rose Burrow and/or the Elven Forest please seek out Elisha to deliver in any method deemed suitable so that the information may be handled efficiently and effectively so that the aforementioned residents may continue their lives in safe peace. Any and all matters which require swift actions will be handled with the necessary speed rather than the attempt to summon together a full council meeting. If there are any questions pertaining to this declaration of the Council, please seek Elisha."

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic